ASTHMA IS A COMMON DISEASE THAT IMPACTS
Asthma is common in Singapore, with 1 in 10 Singaporeans being diagnosed with asthma in their lifetime.2,3 How it impacts people and what triggers it is different for everyone.1 Understanding asthma is an important step towards managing it.4
WHAT IS ASTHMA?
Asthma is a long-term lung condition that inflames and narrows your lungs’ airways, making it harder to breathe.5
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF ASTHMA?
Not all asthma is the same. It can be mild, moderate or severe and can have different characteristics.1
WHAT TRIGGERS ASTHMA AND HOW DO I AVOID THEM?
Asthma symptoms can be triggered by a variety of things. Learning to identify and avoid these triggers can help lessen your asthma symptoms.4
DO I HAVE ASTHMA?
Having asthma symptoms doesn’t necessarily mean you have asthma as there are many other medical conditions that can cause similar symptoms. You should talk to your doctor to check if you have asthma.1
- GINA. Global strategy for asthma management and prevention, 2022. Available at: https://ginasthma.org/gina-reports/. Accessed November 2022.
- Jeyagurunathan A, et al. Yale J Biol Med. 2021;94(3):417–427.
- CDC. Asthma prevalence, health care use and mortality: United States, 2003–05, 2015. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hestat/asthma03-05/asthma03-05.htm. Accessed November 2022.
- WHO. Asthma, 2022. Available at: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/asthma. Accessed November 2022.
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. What is asthma? 2022. Available at: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/asthma. Accessed November 2022.
GSK is not responsible for third-party website content.
NP-SG-ASU-WCNT-230001. April 2023.